Become a Sport Pilot

You’re in the right place if you want to fly Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) – fixed-wing aircraft (airplanes) or weight-shift control aircraft (trikes).

Getting Started

This is where to start as a Sport Pilot Applicant and learn to fly in Light Sport Aircraft (LSA). A little research up-front will make getting started in your flying career much easier.

Acquire Sport Pilot Privileges

Learn what steps to take to acquire the signoffs and endorsements for Sport Pilot privileges.

Use Private Pilot Training toward Sport Pilot Certificate

Yes, you may do this. The FAA has clearly expressed that a student pilot certificate is a student pilot certificate, regardless of which certificate you are pursuing. Here’s how to use Private Pilot training toward a Sport Pilot certificate.