skip to Main Content

Aircraft Available to Rent for Training

Airplane LSA

  • Carson City Airport, KCXP
    • The Aircraft Factory Sling N288SL
    • Zodiac/Zenith 650 N639LS
    • Airplane photos
  • Reno-Lake Tahoe International Airport, KRNO (limited basis)
    • Cessna Skycatcher 162 N3034Y

Weight-Shift Control LSA Trike For Training

(see images in Hang Gliding Tahoe)

  • Carson City Airport, KCXP
    • Evolution Revo 912S 100 HP with Rival S 12.4 strutted wing N66PH
    • Apollo Delta Jet 912 with Aeros ProfiTL 14.5 strutted wing N217MT

Aircraft Available For Rent to Meet Solo Requirements

Airplane LSA

The Airplane Factory Sling front top view profileThe Airplane Factory “Sling” is our new featured/preferred Light-Sport Aircraft. I have personally flown and chosen it because it has all the best of the best attributes for LSA. Best handling, Rotax 912iS fuel injected engine, low wing so you can see where you are going, modern glass digital panels, slide back canopy and many more enhancements. This can be purchased as a certified commercial aircraft or a kit built aircraft.  Now my favorite LSA airplane.

The Aircraft Factory Sling Instrument panel.

The Airplane Factory Sling Panel

Sling seating, baggage, panel with custom leather seats.

The Airplane Factory Sling Leather Seats

Another view of the sling in a turn. A real airplane.

The Airplane Factory Sling front top over water

All airplanes available for training available for rental for solo flights at $130 per hour with fuel .

The renter must obtain aircraft “renter’s insurance” which is typically required for most rental aircraft to fly solo and rent the aircraft as a pilot after a sport pilot license is issued or for any pilot flying the aircraft. The insurance is usually good for a year and is applicable to student solo, sport and private pilot use. Popular renter’s insurance is available from these sources:

We require limits of liability for bodily injury/property damage $250,000 each occurance/$2500 per passenger and $5,000 damage to non-owned aircraft ($25,000 damage to non-owned aircraft for Skycatcher).

Weight-Shift Control LSA Trike

Sorry, there is no trike available for rental to solo in. You’ll find this is typical across the country. You can only rent a special light-sport aircraft (S-LSA), but not an experimental light-sport aircraft (E-LSA).

However, you can buy an E-LSA and be trained in it, as well as solo in it. If you did not buy a trike to be trained in, then when you are ready to solo is the time to buy a trike. After your initial training, you are educated enough to be an informed buyer.

Back To Top